PUBG Mobile India is making a grand comeback to the Indian market after being banned for a couple of months by the Government of India. The trailer for the India launch is apparently ready and the game could be available to Indian users by the end of the year. There have been some pre-registrations on the TapTap page for both IoS and Android for PUBG Mobile but the authenticity is not being confirmed. PUBG Corporation has not released an official statement about the game and it’s launch in India. However, there is one development that might alter the face of Esports in the country.
According to one user, there is going to be one press conference on November 24 where the details of the prize pool will be revealed. If reports are to be believed, the prize pool for PUBG Mobile India when it will be launched will be a staggering Rs 6 crore. The Twitter user, that has the handle @TSMentGHATAK, “6 crores first prize for pubg tournament! Surprised?! Min salary 40k-2L for tier 1 teams to huge prizepools which increases every season. “ESPORTS” the beginning of a new era. This is the perfect time to try your hand in esports.”
6 crores first prize for pubg tournament! Surprised?! Min salary 40k-2L for tier 1 teams to huge prizepools which increases every season. “ESPORTS” the beginning of a new era. This is the perfect time to try your hand in esports #GamersUnite
— Abhijeet Andhare (@TSMentGHATAK) November 20, 2020
Many people have stressed that the prize money will mean that no one will have it easy and it will involve plenty of hard work and dedication from the players.
PUBG’s grand comeback
according to a report by Inside Sport, India pre-registrations for Android and iOS have now opened for select users who are a part of Tap Tap game sharing community. The app has already been registered by over 300,000 users and is currently rated 9.8/10. But, just like FAU-G, there is no official announcement from PUBG corporation and that has thrown more confusion amongst gamers.
The Facebook and Instagram pages of PUBG Mobile India have posted teasers of the game, saying it is “coming soon.” The Tap Tap listing also mentions the game will be available in both English and Hindi language. However, the main reason why PUBG has not yet made an official announcement is because the Indian Government is yet to come out with their official stance on the Relaunch of the PUBG Mobile after the ‘unban’ decision.
An Inside Sport report said that PUBG Corporation plans to create an Indian subsidiary which will hire over 100 employees specialising in business, esports, and game development backgrounds. This move will further erode the Chinese presence after PUBG revoked the Indian franchisee of PUBG Mobile from Chinese Tencent Games. With the company now looking to actively collaborate and leverage local businesses to strengthen its gaming service, it is only a matter of time before the official government announcement is made.
PUBG Mobile was banned earlier in the year PUBG Mobile after the government said that it received many complaints from various sources including several reports about misuse of some mobile apps available on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorised manner to servers which have locations outside India.